Safespeed ® is brand new technology that accomplishes the optimal requirements unveiled in recent studies for oocyte vitrification (Mazur et el., 2011), although with evidences since (Steponkus et. al, 1990).
Various techniques have been developed in the past to overcome this difficulty by improving the heat transfer. However, in each of those systems, the philosophy underneath is increasing, but not optimizing, the cooling/warming rate (Mazur, 2011).
The value proposition of Safespeed ® Technique focus on next range of features:
- Elimination of oocyte/embryo cross-contamination risk
- Serum-free media: Elimination of safety concerns and inconsistency across product lots
- Promising results: outcome around 95% oocyte survival after warming
- Repetitivity: loading and unloading oocyte/embryo process only need a short training. Contrary to open systems, complex excess VS removal to get minimum volume is not needed. Dedicated vitrification box (SafeBox) and heat sealer machine (SafeSealer) make process easier, minimizes human errors, improves manoeuvrability and consumes less liquid nitrogen
- Maximize storage in clinic: Reduction of device volume, maximizing straws storage in clinic. Safespeed ® maximum diameter is 2.4mm
- Customer oriented: Safespeed device length in storage position is 135mm, therefore is compatible with most of the current standard storage systems (cryocanes, visotubes and tanks). Safespeed device is complemented by a 25mm flat area in the tip where direct writing or label attaching is possible. Five colours are available for easy identification in clinics.